VESSEL | DIRECTOR, PRODUCER | 2014
- Director, Producer, Cinematographer, Outreach Director of award-winning feature documentary about a reproductive rights activist on the high seas.
- Managed team of over 25 creative contributors, in 10 countries
- Independently raised equity and grant monies totaling over $900K
- Distributed domestically and internationally in theaters, campuses and communities, and educationally; by Netflix in 30 countries and across video-on-demand platforms
FORD FOUNDATION IFP LEGACY FILMS | DIRECTOR, PRODUCER | 2013
- Director, Producer, Cinematographer, Editor for a series of short films demonstrating the impact of the International Fellowship Program (IFP), featuring community leaders in: Brazil, Palestine, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Ghana, Kenya
- Co-Produced series of short films with global IFP Partner offices in: Senegal, Tanzania, Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda
COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY AND DESIGN
FORD FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAM | DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS | 2010 – 2013
- Designed and implemented communications strategy for an alumni community of 4300+ social justice leaders from Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Middle East, and Russia.
- Built and managed communications team
- Designed and implemented media tools for web, print, PR, and video
- Managed website redesign
VESSEL | OUTREACH DIRECTOR| 2014 – 2015
- With Film Sprout, built community screenings tour of 300+ community, campus, and festival audiences, in 17 countries
- Built partner network of over 240 hosting organizations
- Developed and designed promotional materials, including: website, postcards, posters, social media
- Developed and produced outreach materials, including: collaboration on discussion guide, collection of supplementary materials, and development of educational tools for mobile
ADDITIONAL FILM PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE
ON THE LEESH PRODUCTIONS | RESIDENT DESIGNER | 2004 - 2007
- Designed a unified aesthetic for all film and podcast productions, including: production design, publicity and press written materials, graphic design, and assembling design teams. (9 short films; 2 podcast series).
FREELANCE VIDEOGRAPHY, PHOTOGRAPHY & GRAPHIC DESIGN | 2002 - 2015
- Medical Students for Choice, Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health, Guggenheim Museum, B-Productions (New York Fashion Week), Grolsch.
FREELANCE PRODUCTION DESIGN | 2002 – 2015
- MTV, Mike Myers, Vampire Weekend, Mark McAdams, Nowhere But Up Films, Analyle Films, NoMoneyFun Films, Pterodactyl Films, Little Airplane Productions, Disney Channel, Nick Jr., Noggin Channel.
Fulbright Fellowship, SXSW Audience Award, SXSW Special Jury Award for Political Courage, Peter Wintonick Award (Sheffield DocFest), Moving Mountains Honorable Mention (Mountainfilm in Telluride), Adrienne Shelly Excellence in Filmmaking Award, SIMA Lens to Action Jury Award, CINE Golden Eagle Award for Independent and Emerging Media Finalist
Impact Partners, Fork Films, Chicken & Egg, NYSCA, Fledgling Fund, HIVOS. Harnisch Foundation, Mama Cash, Ipas, Mary Wohlford Foundation, Hope Foundation, Tuttleman Foundation, E Rhodes and Leona B Carpenter Foundation, Puffin Foundation
WORK FEATURED IN
Democracy Now, WNYC’s The Leonard Lopate Show, Huffington Post Live, TEDxAmazonia, New York Times, Refinery 29, Huffington Post, BBC
- The New School, MA International Media, 2008
- Tufts University, BA English, 1999
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, BFA Visual Art, 1999
- Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut Pro, Office
- Photography & Video
- Graphic Design & Layout
- Writing Skills